At Aunalytics, we use data analytics to help our healthcare clients tackle complex issues such as: fee scale management, claims reimbursement, regimen decision support, workforce optimization, inventory utilization, and revenue cycle optimization. To do this, our team of data engineers, data scientists, business analysts, and subject-matter experts work together to develop an in-depth understanding of the issues our clients are facing. As the Medical Billing Specialist on this team, you will be the subject matter expert on medical billing and coding. You will utilize your knowledge and expertise to help our team deliver proven data solutions that help healthcare organizations control costs and improve quality of care; ultimately allowing doctors to focus on what matters most – providing excellent care to patients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the company’s subject matter expert on medical billing and coding.
- Work closely with the other members of the data solutions team to develop and deliver healthcare solutions.
- Work directly with clients during all phases of projects: from understanding their business challenges through data collection, data analysis, presentation of results and recommendations, and implementation of our proprietary data science software, Aunsight.
- Assist our data engineers as they build client data sets (for example: assist with defining data requirements and creating data dictionaries).
- Recommend and implement enhancements that standardize and streamline processes, assure data quality and reliability, and reduce processing time to meet client expectations.
- Prepare and present reports for executive-level clients with compelling visualizations that effectively summarize data findings and lay out key insights, recommendations, and conclusions.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in medical billing/ coding; preferably in a hospital setting and with progressively increasing responsibility.
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder) certification (and ongoing maintenance of certification).
- In-depth knowledge of third-party payor practices; including Medicare and commercial insurance.
- In-depth knowledge of CPT and ICD-9/ ICD-10 coding.
- In-depth knowledge of medical coding rules and regulations; and ongoing ability to stay current on issues regarding medical coding, compliance, and reimbursement.
- Knowledge and experience using medical billing software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret medical records, technical procedure reports, and governmental regulations .
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Sharp technical skills/ analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate technical concepts in terms that a wide audience can understand, regardless of their technical aptitude.
- Natural curiosity about what’s hidden in the data through exploration, attention to detail, and ability to see the big picture – similar to putting together a 10,000-piece puzzle.
- Resourceful in getting things done, self-starter, and productive working independently or collaboratively – ours is a fast-pace entrepreneurial environment with performance expectations and deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly and contribute ideas that make the team, processes, and solutions better.
- Ability to communicate your ideas (verbal and written) so that team members and clients can understand them.
- Ability to defend your professional decisions and organize proof that your ideas and processes are correct.
- Share our values: growth, relationships, integrity, and true grit.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent