Aunalytics is a data science software and analytics service company with a mission to harness the power of data and use it to fuel the economic engine of growing companies, communities, and people. We offer an end-to-end cloud analytics platform that was designed to manage and automate data ingestion, compute resources, data set creation, advanced data science, and accelerated data interaction—allowing dramatically increased speed to analytical insights for businesses. Aunalytics also provides analytics solutions for specific business objectives, with a focus on digital, consumer, enterprise, and IoT applications across a wide variety of industries. We focus on providing indisputable value to our clients by acting as their trusted data and analytics partner, and by creating powerful tools to help companies realize the full potential in their data.
As an Aunalytics Software Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing portions of our next-generation data science platform. You will join a small, focused team of engineers working to solve tough challenges on the frontier of big data analytics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain software frameworks underlying our data analytics platform.
- Create software utilities and components that interface with our platform.
- Define, document and implement RESTful interfaces/web services.
- Install and upgrade software stack components as needed.
- B.S. or equivalent in a computational discipline: computer science, applied mathematics, engineering, or related field.
- Experience designing/integrating heterogeneous software systems.
- DBA and/or development skills with MongoDB, Postgresql, MySQL, or other database packages.
- Familiarity with big data software like Apache Hadoop ecosystem.
- Experience working with or administering Linux systems.
- Resourceful in getting things done, self-starter, and productive working independently or collaboratively—ours is a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with performance expectations and deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly and contribute ideas that make the team, processes, and solutions better.
- Ability to communicate your ideas (verbal and written) so that team members and clients can understand them.
- Ability to defend your professional decisions and organize proof that your ideas and processes are correct.
- Share our values: growth, relationships, integrity, and passion.